I am super duper excited to be part and featured in this week’s Links à la Mode. I am so honored to be amongst the great group of bloggers chosen for this week. To be honest, I never even submitted to LALM before, I didn’t think I’d make the cut. This time, I said to myself, “Self, you are going to submit to LALM this week.” and I did. I couldn’t be happier!
Edited by Denimology
As I was selecting my posts for this weeks Links A La Mode, I realized how important it is to have attractive and original images in your posts. I noticed that I would open a post and close it promptly if the images looked rather….. what’s the word… meh.
Here is how to have your blog posts chosen by me [Denimology] for LALM:
- Images Are The Main Course — A great image will draw in your reader. The image might be beautiful, odd, heartwarming, instructive or just curiosity-provoking, so long as it keeps the reader wanting to read your post.
- Don’t Forget To Use an Image — It’s better to use a generic image than no image at all but ultimately your image should represent what the subject of your post is about.
- High Quality Images Are Best — We’ve all heard the saying “Pictures speak a thousand words”, but in the blogging world they speak even more. Adding HQ pictures to a blog post will visually stimulate your readers and help them identify with you, the writer.
- Resize Your Images — While images can make your blog looked polished and professional, having images that hang over into the margins or that are cut off is sloppy blogging.
- And She Loved: How to DIY more– list of resources for DIY projects and ideas
- Beautifully Invisible: 5 Things Jack Sparrow Taught Me About Fashion & Makeup
- bestofbklyn: Summer getaway essentials
- Beyond Fabric: Incorporating ethnic pieces into your attire
- Chic ‘n Cheap Living: Wardrobe staple: Trouser jeans
- Denimology: Denimology’s 5th Anniversary ‘Free Jeans Every Day In May’ Denim Giveaway Want free jeans? We have Lots to give away!
- fashionablynumb: Angel Garcia The Label Whore. People who get carried away with labels and logos.
- For Those About to Shop: 10 great designer quotations
- ggfashionista: A tutorial in how to achieve a chic headband look with a scarf
- IFB: New IFB Feature — Twitter/Livestream Chat
- Kirstin Marie: A shopaholic’s tips
- Mary Jane Girl: Kristen Leotsakou Interior design: do’s, don’ts and must have items
- My Favorite Fashion: Victoria Vintage Vision: how & why vintage fashion has become so popular
- Rose tinted uncertainty: Rhona Nolan – Should we pick one look or reserve our right to be polystylish???
- Sample Sale Sites: Jeans Make A Difference – Denim Unites For Peace
- Speak2Ashley: Style lessons from French women, the French way
- StyleSizzle: How to build a better wardrobe
- Styling You: Why the colour navy is so Posh
- Stylish Thought: Are you a Savage Blogger?
- TheStylishButterfly: Confessions of a new blogger: High fashion vs. real fashion
- ThisIsAYes: Summer Ready? – from less Makeup to more Sailing, Mint Green Dresses, more Maxi Skirts and Round Sunglasses
- truequeen: 11 Ways to Revamp Your Dresser