This week’s Friend Friday questions were about how we balance out our regular lives and blogging. Due to my regular life being super busy right now, my answers to this weeks questions are short & sweet!
|Image Credit: California Department of Toxic Substance Control|
1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
I definitely like to make sure that I post at least 3 times a week. Even if that means pre-posting and scheduling the posts.
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
As I said on the previous question, if I am super busy or going out of town, I will do a few blog posts, and schedule when they will post.
3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
Not really. I just blog when I have ideas, etc. Sometimes I will draft up a post, but will not finish it for a few days.
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
No. With blogging, I am more on the fly, really. Unless I am out of town, or super busy, then I will plan posts ahead. Plus, I work with calendars all day (I am an Events Coordinator/Manager, I manage 3 – 8 calendars a day). The last thing I want to do it turn my blog, which I enjoy so much, into “work”.
|One of my many planners from work|
5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
I think I would be able to post more often, and be able to work at my leisure. Right now I generally work on my posts in the evenings, which is difficult.
Friend Friday is a group that allows fashion and beauty bloggers to get to know each other and to share their thoughts and opinions on different topics. For more information or to join us, please visit ModlyChic. You can read all of my fellow bloggers’ answers as well as Katy’s answers to these questions here.